Some services are encrypted and collect data that we are not capable of decrypting under any circumstances. For these services, this includes all or select information stored in your accounts and is associated with your login credentials and your device. We have no way of accessing or providing decrypted Secure data, and we never receive copies of unencrypted Secure data. Your secure data is your property. We claim no rights to it beyond those necessary to deliver services to you. You may add, modify, and delete secure data at your discretion. You are responsible for maintaining your credentials and managing access to your secure data, as outlined in Section XI.
Fitness and Wellness Data Fitness and wellness data includes data you may input when using our Services related to your dietary habits, dietary restrictions, fitness activity, fitness goals, lifestyle (e.g. eating habits and recipes), life events, fitness goals, height, weight, measurements, fitness level, heart rate, sleep data, BMI, and similar types of data relating to physiological condition, and activity. We collect this data in order to provide the Services and to tailor features, advertising, and services to your interests and goals, including providing meal suggestions, reporting and analytics, workout plans, and meal planning related services and product recommendations. Fitness and Wellness Data may also include data you enable to be shared from other services to GeoTerrestrial applications, for example, Apple Health.
Providing, Improving, and Developing the Services
- Provide the Services to you
- To set up your user account
- Recognize you when you return to our Services, keep your game progress, save your registration ID and login password for future logins, and store information about your use of the Services
- Display your achievements on leader boards within the relevant Application (which will include your basic social media profile information if you choose to link your social media accounts with the Services)
- To enable you to purchase any Services or make purchases within our Services
- Provide customer service and to respond to any inquiry that you send to us
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Services and the user experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research
- Communicate with you and to send you information by personalized email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our Services, contests, support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Make your user experience easier, more personalized, more enjoyable and more efficient
- Address problems with and improve our Services and technologies, as well as to develop new Services
- Enable certain features of the Services in order to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor aggregate usage.
- Facilitate your ability to share Personal Information (e.g., game scores or photos you have edited) to social media
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions. We may provide further information on the use of your Personal Information in connection with contests when you sign-up for the contest and submit your entry
- Help us learn more about your product preferences
- Send you push notifications with app-related information when you give us your consent
- Fulfill your purchase requests and process purchase payments and refunds
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Services and experience, and personalize and customize your experience. We use your Personal Information on the basis of our legitimate interests in improving our Services and your experience. With your consent, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Services.
Creating and Maintaining a Trusted and Safe Environment
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Verify or authenticate information
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of GeoTerrestrial and our employees, customers and others
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process, investigations, regulatory or governmental inquiries or for other legal or regulatory purposes
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties
- Enforce our Terms of Service or other policies.
We use your Personal Information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the Services and to comply with applicable laws.
Marketing, Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Contests
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes,
contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by GeoTerrestrial or its
third party partners.
We use your Personal Information for these purposes with your consent, where required, or to perform our contract with you to provide the Services to you.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide our Services on our behalf, to perform services related to our Services (e.g., without limitation, analytics and reporting services, database & hosting services, distribution platforms, and other web or app services) or to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We have carefully selected these service providers and entered into data processing agreements, if required by applicable law. The service providers will use your Personal Information outside the EU/EEA (e.g. in the U.S.).
- Web, App and Game Distribution, Payments and Operating System platforms, including, but not limited to, Apple Inc., Google LLC, Amazon.com, Inc., Facebook, Inc., Stripe, Inc.
- Analytics Service Providers, including, but not limited to, Sisense Ltd., Google LLC (operating as Firebase, Google Analytics, BigQuery, or Google Cloud Platform), Appsflyer;
- Web, App or Game Software, Hosting, Database & API Service Providers, including, but not limited to, Google LLC (Google Cloud Platform) and Amazon.com, LLC (Amazon Web Services)
- Customer Support Platforms, including, but not limited to, Zendesk, Inc.
We may share your Personal Information with our legal, regulatory, audit, and other professional advisors. Those companies may use your Personal Information to assist us in our operations consistent with our legitimate business interests.
We keep your Personal Information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Information is processed. The length of time for which we retain Personal Information depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims.
- Right of access: You may ask us to confirm whether we process your Personal Information and, if so, to provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details).
- Right to rectification: If the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask for rectification or completion.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information in some circumstances, e.g., if you believe we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If you completely delete all such Personal Information, then your account may become deactivated.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances, e.g., if you object to us processing it.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain Personal Information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format for reuse under certain circumstances.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Information, and we will do so under appropriate circumstances, if we (1) rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing, or (2) process your Personal Information for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent as legal basis for processing your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Some browsers and browser extensions support the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) (https://globalprivacycontrol.org/), which can send a signal to websites you visit that signals your intention to opt out of certain types of data processing. Where required by law, when we detect such a signal, we will make reasonable efforts to respect your choices indicated by a GPC setting.
Under California law, California residents have the right to request:
- the deletion or correction of the Personal Information we have about them
- additional information about whether and how we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold Personal Information about them
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we have about them
- that we opt them out of the “sale” or “sharing” of their Personal Information (“Right to Opt Out”), which can be done at the below “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” link.
California residents also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if they exercise the rights list above. As noted above, we do not knowingly use or share sensitive categories of data about individual users (in California, “Sensitive Personal Information”) other than as needed to perform specific services you have requested. For example, if you want real-time weather data for a specific location, we may request that you give us access to your location for that purpose. We do not engage in profiling in furtherance of decisions that product legal or similarly significant effects concerning individual users (in California, “Automated Decision-Making”).
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
We do not sell consumers’ covered information for monetary consideration (as defined in Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes). However, if you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to sell certain information about you. To submit such a request, please contact us at .
When you make a request, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify the request and your jurisdiction before responding to it. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the request you make and the requirements of state law. We will attempt to match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify your request.
Eligible users will be required to submit their first and last name and email address and may also be asked to provide other information so that we can verify the request. Please provide as much of the requested information as possible to help us verify the request. We will only use the information received in a request for the purposes of responding to the request.
Where permitted by law, eligible users may use an authorized agent to make privacy rights requests. We require the authorized agent to provide proof of the user’s written permission that shows the authorized agent has the authority to submit a request. An authorized agent must follow the process described below to make a request, and we will additionally require the authorized agent to verify his/her own identity.
You may submit a privacy rights request to us by:
- Using the privacy rights request options available in the Settings menu of your app (available to app users only) or in the cookie preferences center in your web browser (available to web users only on our sites)
- Completing this form
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To exercise the Right to Opt Out, in addition to contacting us using the above information, you may use the following link:
GeoTerrestrial is concerned with safeguarding your Personal Information. We employ reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic measures designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access. No security, however, can eliminate the possibility that your Personal Information may be accessed by an unauthorized third party and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will remain secure in all situations.
- Transferring Personal Information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the EU Commission, or
- Using standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe.
The Services are not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Where the General Data Protection Regulation applies, our Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly process Personal Information relating to children under the age of 18.
You are responsible for knowing your account credentials and password.
It may not be possible for to recover your password, or your data on your behalf, should you not be able to provide correct account credentials when they are requested.
We are not responsible for lost credentials and cannot guarantee access to our services if your credentials are lost.
You should also create a strong and secure password and take precautions to protect your account.
For some services, when you create your account, you will create a Master Password. You should create a unique, strong and secure Master Password that is not easily guessed. It may not be possible to access or recover your account or your data without your Master Password.
It’s important to understand that anyone with your account credentials, including your Master Password, may be able to access your data on the services.
It may not be possible for us to assist you with certain customer service requests, unless you are using your confirmed account credentials, in order to protect your account and data.
If you have any complaints concerning GeoTerrestrial’s processing of your Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 1510 Fashion Island Blvd Suite 300 San Mateo, CA 94404.
Please note that if you our Services from the EU/EEA, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a European Union supervisory authority that is responsible for the protection of Personal Information in the country where you live or work, or in which you think a breach of data protection laws might have taken place.
Customers in the United Kingdom can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by telephone on 0303 123 1113, or by using the live chat service that is available through the Information Commissioner’s website
If you would like to submit a data request under CPRA or GDPR, please complete this form, or manage your preferences in the Privacy Center in your app or browser.
Last Updated: June 2023